Finding The Right Fit For A Long Term Stay
If facility placement in long-term care is necessary, Senior Support Services will help locate a facility. In addition to providing the right fit and assisting clients through the entire transition process.
- Explaining the client’s options such as: Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Nursing Home
- Assessing which level of care seems most appropriate while including input from the client’s physician. (Memory Care, Assisted Living, Respite Care, or Skilled Nursing Care)
- Coordinating appointments to get the necessary paperwork for admission.
- Providing a list of facilities that meet the client’s needs within their desired distance from home. This is includes a detailed list of the benefits of each facility, the cost, availability, and acceptance of the client’s insurance.
- Touring the care facility with the client to help assess the facility as an unbiased, educated, experienced professional who personally knows the client and his/her desires.
- Asking appropriate questions, sometimes forgotten or missed by the family members/friends, during the tour.
- Pointing out different aspects of the facility that could benefit or hinder the client physically, mentally, emotionally or socially.